Friday, March 30, 2012

Epic Door



Here is a screenshot of a door made for a small level. There are a bunch of problems with the mesh itself as it is. Not enough resolution on the doorframe's lintel and because I accidentally imported the model as one solid mesh, I couldn't subdivide it without subdividing everything. The only real solution I've come up with is to separate it in maya and redo it which hopefully won't take too long.

The design on the lintel was made by taking a screenshot of the door and painting over where I wanted it to go in photoshop. After that I used the design as an alpha and used the lightbox to apply it to the lintel. This is what the design looks like in Photoshop:

The texture on the door was made by taking a wood alpha off the ZBrush site and lightboxing it on at 2 Z Intensity. Those are supposed to be spikes on the door in the middle but I made them using alphas and it turned out looking pretty horrible. When I inevitably redo the model I'll have to add the spikes as real geometry.

There are also several topology problems as well, specifically with the borders of all the geometry.

No comments:

Post a Comment